ISA is a cybersecurity-focused technology firm, with over 28 years of experience helping organizations of all sizes solve complex challenges relating to IT security. We act as trusted advisors in providing services to help our clients define, implement and manage their strategies to minimize IT security related risk, and to provide a secure business environment for their employees and customers. We also deliver state-of-the-art cybersecurity solutions thanks to strong partnerships with the industry’s leading Technology Vendors.
Why Join Us? At ISA, every employee makes a P.A.C.T. to Embody Our Corporate Core Values, everyday. Our core values (Passion for Excellence, Accountability, Commitment, Trust) shape the community and culture we have built and are an active part of everything that we do. We also believe that what will make you great is your individual contributions to your team; think of your team as a start-up that learn from each other. If you’re looking for autonomy and no old-fashioned hierarchy, ISA and you could be a match made in heaven.
About the Role:
The function of a CIOC Cybersecurity Analyst Tier 1 is to be on the forefront of incident response where they will utilize the latest in network security technology while providing Computer Network Defense and Information Assurance (IA) support to ISA’s client base and internal network.
You will be joining an exciting and rapidly growing company. This is an outstanding position offering an attractive salary, defined career path, and excellent employee benefits. This is a permanent, full time position to start immediately. Pay will be base salary plus incentives.
The CIOC Cybersecurity Analyst Tier 1 reports to the Manager, Cybersecurity Intelligence & Operations Center. There are no positions that report to the CIOC Cybersecurity Analyst Tier 1.
- Availability for shift work including day, afternoon and overnight shifts on a monthly rotation schedule
- Monitor and analyze network traffic and IDS alerts
- Investigate intrusion attempts and perform in-depth analysis of exploits
- Provide network intrusion detection expertise to support timely and effective decision making of when to declare an incident
- Conduct proactive threat research
- Review security events that are populated in a Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) system
- Analyze a variety of network and host-based security appliance logs (Firewalls, NIDS, HIDS, Sys Logs, etc.) to determine the correct remediation actions and escalation paths for each incident
- Independently follow procedures to contain, analyze, and eradicate malicious activity
- Perform Tier I/II initial incident triage
- Document all activities during an incident and providing leadership with status updates during the life cycle of the incident
- Create a final incident report detailing the events of the incident
- Provide information regarding intrusion events, security incidents, and other threat indications
- Assist with the development of processes and procedures to improve incident response times, analysis of incidents, and overall CIOC functions
- Knowledge of information security event monitoring and detection and NID monitoring and incident response
- Familiarity with network security methodologies, tactics, techniques and procedures
- Experience with IPS/IDS, SIEMs and other CND security tools
- Ability to read and write Snort IDS signatures
- Experience reviewing and analyzing network packet captures
- Experience performing security/vulnerability reviews of network environments
- Possess a comprehensive understanding of the TCP/IP protocol, security architecture, network and remote access security techniques/products
- Experience with enterprise anti-virus solutions, virus outbreak management, and the ability to differentiate virus activity from directed attack patterns
- Working knowledge of network architecture
- Strong research background, utilizing an analytical approach
- Candidate must be able to react quickly, decisively, and deliberately in high stress situations
- Strong verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills are required to document and communicate findings, escalate critical incidents, and interact with customers
- Working knowledge of Windows and Linux OS to include experience working in the command line interface
- Highly motivated individual with the ability to self-start, prioritize, multi-task and work in a team setting