At ISA Cybersecurity, our mission is to help clients achieve their privacy and security goals, and to be proactive in the fight against security threats. ISA Cybersecurity is Canada’s leading cybersecurity-focused company, with nearly three decades of experience delivering cybersecurity services and people you can trust. We provide our clients with comprehensive counsel on complex, evolving, and multi-faceted issues related to cybersecurity and breach incident response.
ISA Cybersecurity also offers a world-class 24/7 by 365 SOC 2 Type II certified CIOC (cybersecurity intelligence operations centre), giving our clients deeper insights and earlier warnings about coordinated cyber attacks. ISA Cybersecurity strategically partners with many of the most respected security technology firms in the world. Through these relationships, our clients can gain access to a broad portfolio of industry-leading cyber solutions best suited to protect their corporate assets and customer data.
In today’s volatile world of digital threats, we help Canadian companies to better understand their current security posture and how to mitigate risks.
Why Join Us?
At ISA Cybersecurity, every employee makes a P.A.C.T. to embody our corporate core values, everyday. Our core values (Passion for Excellence, Accountability, Commitment, Trust) shape the community and culture we have built and are an active part of everything that we do. We also believe that what will make you great is your individual contributions to your team; think of your team as a start-up that learn from each other. If you’re looking for autonomy and no old-fashioned hierarchy, ISA and you could be a match made in heaven.
About the Role:
The function of a CIOC Cybersecurity Analyst Tier 2 is to be on the forefront of incident response where they will utilize the latest in network security technology while providing Computer Network Defense and Information Assurance (IA) support to ISA’s client base and internal network.
You will be joining an exciting and rapidly growing company. This is an outstanding position offering an attractive salary, defined career path, and excellent employee benefits. This is a permanent, full time position to start immediately. Pay will be base salary plus incentives.
The CIOC Cybersecurity Analyst Tier 2 reports to the Manager, Cybersecurity Intelligence & Operations Center. There are no positions that report to the CIOC Cybersecurity Analyst Tier 2
- Monitor and analyze network traffic and IDS alerts from network and host-based security appliance logs (Firewalls, NIDS, HIDS, Sys Logs, etc.) to determine the correct remediation actions and escalation paths for each incident
- Investigate intrusion attempts and perform in-depth analysis of exploits
- Provide network intrusion detection expertise to support timely and effective decision making of when to declare an incident
- Conduct proactive threat research
- Review security events that are populated in a Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) system
- Creation and tuning of correlation rules and playbooks
- Independently follow procedures to contain, analyze, and eradicate malicious activity
- Perform Tier 2 incident investigation
- Document all activities during an incident and providing leadership with status updates during the life cycle of the incident
- Create a final incident report detailing the events of the incident
- Provide monthly reporting regarding security events/incidents
- Assist with the development of processes and procedures to improve incident response times, analysis of incidents, and overall CIOC functions
- Communicate with clients and internal team members at all levels and across functional and organizational boundaries regarding security events and incidents
- Full understanding of Tier 1 responsibilities/duties and how the duties feed into Tier 2
- Assist clients with security product implementation, onboarding and support
- University degree or college diploma in computer science or information technology or equivalent
- Two (2) years of job-related SOC experience
- Ability to obtain a Government of Canada security clearance of at least Level 1
- Experience with IPS/IDS/WAF and SIEMs
- Experience reviewing and analyzing network packet captures
- Experience performing security/vulnerability reviews of network environments
- Experience in threat intelligence and advanced persistent threat analysis
- Experience with enterprise anti-virus solutions, virus outbreak management, and the ability to differentiate virus activity from directed attack patterns
- Experience with email protection platforms is a plus
- Knowledge and understanding of data loss prevention (DLP)
- Knowledge and understanding of network architecture
- Strong knowledge of Windows and Linux OS
- Strong research background, utilizing an analytical approach
- Candidate must be able to react quickly, decisively, and deliberately in high stress situations
- Comfortable working against deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills are required to document and communicate findings, escalate critical incidents, and interact with customers
- Highly motivated individual with the ability to self-start, prioritize, multi-task and work in a team setting
- Multi-lingual is a plus